BK Soul Sustenance Message 20 April 2016

bk murli today

Posted by: BK Prerana

BK Prerana is executive editor at bkmurlis.net and covers daily updates from Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University. Prerana updates murlis in English and Hindi everyday.
Twitter: @bkprerana | Facebook: @bkkumarisprerana
Share:






    BK Soul Sustenance & Message for the day 20-04-2016

    Soul Sustenance 20-04-2016


    Marrying Spiritual Practices With Actions 

    Spiritual practices and life are interconnected; so are my thoughts and actions. It is not possible to separate them. The immediate influence of any spiritual practice like meditation is on the quality of my thoughts. The quality of my thoughts is then reflected in my day-to-day actions. As the quality of my actions improves, it starts influencing my thoughts positively and the quality of my spiritual practice also starts improving. When I really understand this, it becomes clear that the right way to live is to marry both these sides within my life - meditation and practical life, marry the process of improving the quality of my thoughts with my actions, because both are interconnected with each other. 

    Actions performed by being too action conscious, in a wrong, non-spiritual consciousness, have led to a monotonous and meaningless existence, an existence without permanent peace, love and joy, causing feelings of discontentment and an emptiness in many hearts. On the other hand, religious or meditation practices, which were done with the aim of bringing peace and happiness in our personal life as well as in relationships, but were performed in seclusion (by detaching or becoming aloof from society), did not achieve the desired objectives and was unable to influence life positively. This caused spirituality to become disconnected from reality. 

    I want my consciousness to become such that I can experience the richness of a life of actions, interactions and relationships of the world, but adorned (decorated) with the jewels of the energy and spiritual power that only meditation can provide. 

    Message for the day 20-04-2016


    The one who has courage to bring about a change is free from excuses. 

    Expression:

    For the one who recognizes the need for bringing about a change, every situation is an excuse for doing something new. If there is no commitment to change in every situation, excuses are given and others are blamed. So there is nothing new that is done and nothing new achieved. 

    Experience: 

    Life becomes very interesting for me when I am willing to take up the challenges that it brings. I am not afraid of new situations and challenges but am able to make the best out of the situation, I am free from fear and have the courage to bring about a change easily and naturally.



    ***OM SHANTI***