BK Soul Sustenance Message 8 August 2017

bk murli today

Posted by: BK Prerana

BK Prerana is executive editor at bkmurlis.net and covers daily updates from Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University. Prerana updates murlis in English and Hindi everyday.
Twitter: @bkprerana | Facebook: @bkkumarisprerana
Share:






    BK Soul Sustenance & Message for the day 08-08-2017



    Soul Sustenance 08-08-2017



    Father & Child: The Emotional Connect (Part 2) 



    In the previous message, we explored how I as a father bond with my child in pre-natal stage and infancy. Today we will look at subsequent years. 



    During childhood years, my child's behaviour may not be the way I think is right. I need patience, understanding that it is all age-appropriate. I should love yet discipline. Be firm but never angry or punish, as they radiate vibrations of rejection, depleting my child emotionally. My role is to first accept, then empower. 



    Children do not learn what they see, they absorb what is around them as vibrations. So values cannot be taught but when lived by parents every time, they become a part of the child's personality. Honesty in simple acts like admitting to mistakes, paying taxes, paying fine if I broke traffic rules, and so on are essential. Respecting family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, domestic help, driver, cook or hospitality industry personnel is critical. My morals should flow in every situation with everyone, not just when my child is around. 



    Children share a deep connection with mothers. They naturally take a liking for anyone who treats the mother well. So how I take care of my wife creates a big influence on my relationship with my child. Of course, I must always respect my wife, not only for the sake of my child. In pre-teen or teen years my child deals with adolescence, peer pressure, media, expectations and competition. So I must continue giving acceptance, approval and appreciation so my child can share everything, trusting me to respond with stability rather than react out of impulsiveness. Only my calmness can open up a discussion where I can advice or guide. 



    Children are today exposed to an unsafe environment. To protect them, I should not simply care but connect, so that trust, respect and love grow. Our inner power, patience, compassion, love and joy reflect in them. If we lack them, they too will. By being aligned to the original nature of peace, love and joy, every father will raise an angel. 



    Message for the day 08-08-2017

    Self-respect brings constant learning and an experience of success. 



    Expression:Where there is self-respect, there is naturally a positive and elevated state of mind. There is openness and enthusiasm to bring about progress in one's life. Everything that is done is towards this end. So, the one with self-respect naturally reveals one's speciality in all thoughts, words and actions. 



    Experience: When I am able to maintain my own state of self-respect, I am able to enjoy the beauty that life brings. I'm able to understand, accept and make use of all situations in the right way. So, whatever the situation may be, for me there is a constant experience of progress




    ***OM SHANTI***